“There is proof that Beer Pong brings people of all back grounds together. It ends wars, it starts traditions, it binds new friendships. Beer Pong is peace. ” – Some really smart drunken guy
Yes, we are all getting excited about the tournament coming up on Saturday July 28th! Here is some more info and advice to help you prepare! Remember, anyone can play! Beer Pong is fun for the whole family!!
First, let’s take a second to learn about the history of this amazing game!
The game evolved from the original beer pong played with paddles which is generally regarded to have had its origins within the fraternities of Dartmouth College in the 1950s and 1960s, where it has since become part of the social culture of the campus. The original version resembled an actual ping pong game with a net and one or more cups of beer on each side of the table. Eventually, a version without paddles was created, and later the names Beer Pong and Beirut were adopted in some areas of the USA sometime in the 1980s.
The origin of the name “Beirut” is disputed. A 2004 op-ed article in the Daily Princetonian, the student newspaper at Princeton University, suggested that the name was possibly coined at Bucknell or Lehigh University around the time of the Lebanese Civil War, Beirut being the capital of Lebanon and scene of much fighting. Some students at Lafayette College, rivals of Lehigh, insist modern, paddle-less beer pong was invented at their school, but The Lafayette, the college’s student newspaper, says there is no proof to back up the assertion.
|Players||two teams of 2 players each (usually)|
|Setup time||2 minutes|
|Materials required||table, plastic cups, ping pong balls|
|Game length||10-20 minutes|
|Skills required||accuracy, eye–hand coordination, alcohol tolerance|
GEEZ!!! I WANT TO PLAY BUT I CAN’T THINK OF A TEAM NAME!!!???
Chill out small fry…we gotcha!
Need help naming your team!!! Here are some ideas!!
The Beer View Mirrors
Here for Beer
No Fear for Beer
Beer Drinkers & Hell
Different types of Beer pong shots!
Practice makes perfect! Make sure you are practicing your shots!
Need some advice on how to win at beer pong!?
- Don’t get over-intoxicated while playing (unless you are one of the lucky few that actually starts becoming accurate after having a few drinks).
- Practice shots in your free time (like Tiger Woods)
- Use the bounce shot carefully! If you’re good, when your opponents look the other way, sneak a bounce in!
- Talk a little smack, especially if the other team is under a lot of pressure to make the last cup.
- Show off some skin as distraction ([over 18] chicks only please)(Juussst kidding..maybe)
- Take your time shooting. Of course this is obvious but often overlooked, like a golf shot: sometimes taking your time can win a game or three.
- Block bounce shots!!!!! These are killer, especially if the opposite team hits the same cup. You will lose very quickly if you don’t swat those suckers.
- Get a good teammate. Confidence boosting, congratulatory pats on the back, same-cup sinker shots and opponent intimidation are some benefits…
- Don’t let your cups be sitting ducks! If you have a few drinks piled up on the table waiting for you to down, make sure you drink them before your opponent sinks a cup that’s not part of the triangle. This could cost you the game depending on what rules you play by!
- Don’t get too cocky. Yeah you may be good, but girls are pretty good beer pong players too and will usually beat you, even more so if you have a big head.
The World Series of Beer Pong is the largest, longest-running organized beer pong (aka Beirut) tournament in the world, created by beer pong players, for beer pong players. Last years event drew over 1,000 participants from 45 U.S. States and 5 Canadian Provinces, offering the largest payout in beer pong history of $65,000. Games are played on 8-foot BPONG Tables, and WSOBP Rules govern all gameplay. Players may buy-in to the event at any time prior to Dec. 10, 2012, or they may choose to win their way to the event by competing in an official Satellite Tournament. For other questions, pleasereview the FAQ, and remember to pong happy.
THE WINNER OF THE DFE BEER PONG TOURNAMENT WILL GET THEIR REGISTRATION PAID FOR BY THE DFE SO THEY CAN ATTEND THE TEXAS BEER PONG CHAMPIONSHIPS IN AUSTIN!!!
Next tournament in Texas!! http://www.beerpong.com/event/2642/austin-wsobp-satellite-2
Start date: Aug 11th, 01:00 pm (U.S. Central)
End date: Aug 11th, 09:00 pm (U.S. Central)
Description: AUSTIN WSOBP SATELLITE TOURNAMENT #2
“Come party on famous 6th Street”
This tounament will be a multi-partner, meaning you may play on one or two teams. The only restriction is there are no “tripods” allowed (meaning you and your first partner may not have the same… third person as your second partners).
I’m SO PUMPED!! How can I register for the DFE’s Tournament on Saturday July 28th!!!
Lots of different ways! But let’s make this real simple for you!!
Just copy this into the email: I want to play in the tournament.
Copy this into the email and Just fill in the blanks: My name is ____________
The DFE will contact you back with all the info you need to have and how to pay your 20$ registration fee!
TOURNAMENT PRIZES INCLUDE!!!
1. 2010 FC Dallas kit autographed by the whole western confernence championship team!
2. Gift cards to the Frisco Londoner
3. Tournament registration fee paid for by the DFE to send you to the Texas Beer Pong Championships in Austin!
More prizes coming soon!
PROCEEDS FROM THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE DONATED TO PASSING HOPE, INC
Passing Hope, Inc is an nonprofit corporation* whose sole purpose is to assist socio-economically and/or physically challenged individuals in local, national, or global markets, through various methods, focusing on sports, mostly football (soccer) as the main function. Our organization will assist in raise and collect funds, executing programs, and forming strategic partnerships with other viable organizations that will assist in furthering our mission.
These methods include:
- Youth sport clinics
- Adaptive sports
- Providing sports equipment and supplies
- Fundraisers, including auctions and golf tournaments
- Providing needed medical supplies (Crutches, prostethics, etc)
We have already established projects in both Haiti and the United States, and will be looking at other opportunities around the globe.